Monday 15 October 2007

My progress in my Japanese studies

So far i haven't been following anything in particular when studying Japanese. I chose whatever i wanted to study, and my unofficial-sensei chose anything she liked. Mostly what i learnt was informal speech as my sensei is not really a Japanese language sensei & so informal seemed better. But now I've been learning more formal stuff that I'll probably need more than the informal. So far I've had no guidelines but i've decided im going to study whats required for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) for level 4 which is the lowest level.
The requirements are basically:
-a list of vocabulary which has about 728 words.
-about 103 kanji.
-basic listening abilities.
-about 150 hours of study.

I'm not going to dive into the kanji just yet. The listening i think i'm OK on and can understand quite a bit. So for now I'm concentrating on the vocab, I've found lists of the words i should know which are divided into different categories, I'm tackling the i-adjectives the first because it looks like i already know most of it.

I will try to report on my progress here about how far I'm getting on with my vocab & stuff. So heres the list I'm studying this week which will be the i-adjectives (60) & the na-adjectives(34).

Also, i just thought I'd share this link with you. Its an invaluable resource page with over 1000 study materials, flash, cards, quizes & exams, vocab lists, grammer lists...etc. If your studying Japanese, then this website should be your best friend.

Thats it for now. I'm off to study some more Japanese.
cheers

No comments: