Friday, 28 November 2008

Going.. or not?

I have bad news.. i didnt want to write about it till im completely sure of whats going to happen but since ive been getting a lot of questions, i think i need to explain whats happening.

I had decided to hand in my one month notice on Tuesday. Then Bash called telling me to come down to her, it was urgent. I went down panicking wondering what the heck happened. I went to her and she was like, come with me, and took me to one of her collegues' office. By this time i had no clue what was going on. Anyways, to make a long story short, this guy told me that he'd heard i was going to resign and stuff. Bash told me not to tell anyone what he said coz its still confidential but anyways, he convinced me to stay for a bit longer and not resign, and he made me feel how utterly stupid it would be to throw my career down the drain for 2 wonderful but short-lived weeks in Japan. He said to wait for a bit and that changes will be happening within a short time and then to think about Japan. Lets just say i realized that although i only worked coz i wanted to go to Japan, and even though i can find a better job even if my CV sucks coz it mentions me quitting within less than 6 months of working, that it would be stupid. I don't know how he managed to convince me but im glad he did. So i said i'll think about it, but to tell you the truth, the moment he opened his mouth i knew i was convinced.

So ive decided to stay.. i will ask my boss for leave on those 2 weeks, if she accepts, i'll be ecstatic, if she doesnt, i'll have to endure it and stay. Although it would be hard to go to Japan any othe time coz my bro is at uni so he cant go with me, but i think in the long run, i'll be doing the right thing. I hope i am. My family thinks its the right thing to do too so we'll see.

I tried to talk to my boss on Wednesday and Thursday but she was too busy. I just sent her an email telling her i need to discuss something with her on Sunday so hopefully by Sunday i'll know whats going to happen. I really hope she says i can go.. If she says no i'll be sooo disappointed, especially since that means not seeing marie or fefechan in japan.. that would absolutely suck so im not even gonna think about it.. Everyone, please wish me luck! I need her to say yes..

1 comment:

FeFe said...

sorry didnt have time to read earlier..was too busy.. to be honest, I don't know what to say but I think what you chose to do is the right thing..I wish you can convince your boss and you get the chance to go as planned intially..I was shocked when you told but I didnt know the details so I didnt know what to say exactly..

I wish you all the best in your career and your discussion with your boss on Sun. Ganbatte kudasai..shikkare shite anata..

dai suki:-*